Homola Motorsport after FIA ETCC Paul RIcard
One would say that repairing the crashed race car is not such a big deal. It kinda is, read below what was it like in Team Homola Motorsport after the big crash.
Event: One quick, but bad decison – overtking in battle for the first place
Place: Paul Ricard Racing Circuit, Le Castellet, France
Date: 20. April 2014
Race Car: BMW 320TC WTCC
Race Driver: Mato Homola )
Duration: approx. 10 seconds
Consequences: damaged front part of BMW
Repair time: 3 weeks
Price: ??? (a lot)
Mato describes what happened after the crash:
- In France, after the crash race driver from Turkey, Aytaç Biter, borrowed us a steering knuckle so we could put the car in trailer and transport it back home.
- Christian Krug (BMW Motorsport) and Thomas Schiemann checked out the photos and found out which spare parts are necessary.
- Staff from Auto Motiv Bratislava and technical department of BMW Group Slovakia managed to order and deliver those parts.
- Homola s.r.o. borrowed us tools to repair our BMW on straightening bench.
- Jaro Krajči, Luboš Kostka, Braňo Sloboda, Jano Kundlák, Marek Vaneček, Rišo Nittnaus a Erich Achs repaired the car and put it back to life.
- Car painters had to paint brand new carbon parts.
- Our friends from Czech Republic - Křenek Motorsport – borrowed us the watercooler.
- My brother Ondrej Homola took the watercooler from Pilsen (CZ) and brought it to Bratislava (SK).
- Luboš Dudák had to put decals on the car.
I would like to thank a lot to all those above mentioned, to our fans and many others. Because only thanks to them I will be able to compete this weekend in European Touring Car Cup FIA ETCC at Slovakia Ring 08.-11.05.2014
Keep the fingers crossed!